When I asked the universe for true love. I got exactly what I wanted — a dog. Bloo and I have a very simple relationship. I love him and he loves me. It’s literally that simple.
Though we don’t speak the same language per se, we do communicate quite well with each other. He knows when I’m sad, I know when he’s scared, and we both know when the other needs a little attention. Our relationship is simple, loving and much easier than most.
As a woman in a place where single women outnumber the single men, dating can be daunting and finding that perfect guy can seem impossible. But when I think about my 50 pound pooch, I realize my relationship with him is much easier than with any guy I could ever find. Here’s why:
- He’ll eat anything I cook without complaint
- He pre-washes the dishes without me having to ask
- He cleans all the crumbs off the floor so I don’t have to vacuum
- He never complains about my driving
- He likes the same movies as me and let’s me pick them every time
- He love Irish music and when I’m practicing fiddle it’s so soothing to him he falls asleep
- He’s a good listener and never interrupts me when I’m talking
- He lets me win at word games
- He enjoys cuddling on the couch
- He loves the outdoors, specifically hiking and swimming
- He’s an all around good companion
Don’t worry though, I won’t give up on dating just yet. I’ll continue my search to find that someone special. In the meantime, I’ll enjoy my relationship with my dog and hope that when we do find that special guy, he’ll understand.